"Box Arts" and Explanations
What's a ModPack?
A modpack is a pack which contains the main mod, some CAS Items, some Gameplay and
Non-Gameplay objects, and a new quest!
Will you use these to recreate your mods?
Yes I will, since these modpacks are a good way to exercise with Python, Blender and Sims4Studio.
How long have you been working on this?
1 month, but I feel satisfied with the result, because It has been fun to make all of the objects, accessories and its exciting features. The process has been slowed down because of university, but I managed to release it before the end of September!
Which style will you choose for modpacks? Rebranded or Classic?
I think that I will experiment with the new style for a while. Even though I don't like how they've reduced the expansions uniqueness by giving them a single colour, I've decided that every modpack will have the same style, but with different colours based on the pack's theme.
What does this pack contain?
It contains a brand new occult: Death Angels! Creatures who lost their emotions in exchange of power.
Now that the pack has been finally released, I'm gonna share some content without too many spoilers. Let's get right into it!
Note: The eyeliner on the second screenshot is included too, and it's unisex
Buy Mode Overview
Notes: These objects don't have any special interaction, that's why they're called "Non-Gameplay". They're called:
- "FSR" Curtains.
- "The Deceased Rose" Portrait
- "Talking" Dresser.
- "Mortuary" Bookshelf
- The Astral Altar of Death:
This is the object that allows sims to start the quest into becoming a death angel!
So, Death Angels = New Grim Reapers?
Kinda, Becoming a death angel doesn't mean that whenever a sim dies they're gonna show up instead of the Grim Reaper. What they can do, is to kill sims and reap them themselves!
What are the characteristics and abilities of Death Angels?
Well, I don't wanna say too much about it because I want you to discover their abilities yourself.
What I can tell you is: - Death Angels are emotionless, they have the new "Reaping" Skill and when they progress with it, they unlock new abilities and objects which will bring bonuses!
- To become a Death angel you will need to purchase the Astral Altar of Death, start the quest and, at the end of it, your sim will leave their emotions in exchange of power! Teens can become Death Angels too!
- Children and toddlers are unkillable... For now...
- There is one particular object that can help your death angel to feel emotions, but they can be used only when they max out the "Reaping" skill. Can you guess what it is?
- If you don't want to be a death angel anymore, you will need to spawn the reaper somehow (I haven't included a way to spawn him) and ask him to be cured. - Death Angels also have 1 more interaction with the Grim Reaper.
- They have a new motive that you need to take care of. To avoid any... Unexpected events with Death angels who are not controlled by the player in that moment... I've made it quite slow. If you're curious to see what happens, use cheats or patiently wait.
- Read Carefully the Reaping Skill's advancement notifications, they explain well what Death Angels can do.
Fixes and Updates
[29/11/2019] Bug Fix
- Fixed the bug where sim would come back to life after your death angel reaped them. The grim reaper turned sims into death angels to share his duty, not to make them become an emotionless emo...
[03/10/2019] Bug Fixes
- Changed the audio of when a sim dies from having their soul stolen.
- Hidden the "Lovely Poetry Book".
Gotta work now to get it!
- Made sure that Spellcasters can't become death angels.
Magic conflicts with darkness I guess...
- Fixed a tuning issue with the Death Angel Trait.
Known Bugs (Read Carefully)
- It might happen that NPC sims don't die after your death angel has reaped them.
- There might be typos, report them if you find them. Sometimes, I am clumsy (and tired) enough to leave them even after checking...
- If a supernatural sim becomes a death angel, the needs ui gets buggy, so I highly suggest you use a human sim for this mod.
Note: If you think the modpack generates a Last Exception error and doesn't let sims perform interactions, test your game with the modpack and the MCC ONLY before reporting anything!