"Box Arts" and Explanations
What's a ModPack?
A modpack is a pack which contains the main mod, some CAS Items, some Gameplay and
Non-Gameplay objects, and a new quest!
Will you use these to recreate your mods?
Yes I will, since these modpacks are a good way to exercise with Python, Blender and Sims4Studio.
How long have you been working on this?
For 3 weeks, but I feel extremely satisfied with the result, because It has been fun to make all of the objects, accessories and small but exciting features. And also, before i used to make mods in 3 months! the process has been tremendously sped up!
What does this pack contain?
It contains everything attached to every simmer's favourite occult: Witches and Warlocks! (duh)
Now that the pack has been finally released, I'm gonna share the current features without too many spoilers. Let's get right into it!
Now that the game has been rebranded, which style will you choose for modpacks?
I think that I will experiment with the new style for a while. Even though I don't like how they've reduced the expansions uniqueness by giving them a single colour, I've decided that every modpack will have the same style, but with different colours based on the pack's theme.
Notes: - Charming Warlock Hairstyle: This hair doesn't fit with some hats and I couldn't fix it! It's my first mesh after all so this time I'll pass. It is available for women too, but you have to remove the "femminine" tag to see it.
- Elegant Mystic Hat: This hat may clip with CC hairstyles. It is available for men too but you have to remove the "masculine" tag to see it.
- Witchy Apprentice Hat: There aren't any problems with this hat. It is available for men too but you have to remove the "masculine" tag to see it.
- Silly Warlock Hat: It may clip with some hairstyles. It is available for women too but you have to remove the "femminine" tag to see it.
A New Trait
This time your sims now will NOT become witches through a specific method, they can only be created from cas by selecting the "Witch/Warlock" trait. It is available from Teens to Elders.
This trait is required to use most of the objects in the pack! So you have to put it, otherwise the objects won't work the way you want and will use the humans outcome! (I'm gonna explain this later)
Buy Mode Overview
Notes: These objects don't have any special interaction, that's why they're called "Non-Gameplay". They're called:
- Soothsayer's Dining Table. (Just a normal table with a crystal ball attached to it)
- "Magic" Mirror. (Just a normal mirror)
These are objects that can be used by witches and warlocks only! Any human that try to use these object will fail miserably. They are:
- The Magic Broom Closet:
Human Outcome: The only selectable interaction is "Try to pick up". If this option gets selected they will get struck by lightning (non-lethally).
Witches and Warlocks Outcome: They can pick up ONLY one broom, and it will always be the one black and purple (For now). When you've picked up a broom, just select your sim and click on the option "Ride your broom". The sim will go outside and will ride in circles with it. You can also travel using your broom with the "Ride your broom to..." interaction. When you travel, the sim will disappear on the current lot, so if you cancel the travel it will not be visible autonomously. To make it appear again, you must perform any interaction.
- Mystic's Table:
A table that allows your witches and warlocks to see through their future!
Human Outcome: The only selectable interaction is "Try to use". If this option gets selected they will just fail. However there's a rare chance that their energy will be completely drained if they try too much!
Witches and Warlocks Outcome: They can "Peek into the future" in which will result into a positive or negative outcome. If the outcome is positive they will have a buff which will make them learn skills fast, be able to talk about fortune with other sims, make better dishes/paintings/etc. If it's negative, the exact opposite will happen. (and instead of talking about fortune, they will complain about misfortune)
- Mythical Bonfire:
A mystical portal between the dead and the living!
Human Outcomes: There aren't. They can just observe like it was a decorative object.
Witches and Warlocks Outcomes: They can ask for a gift from the "Spirits" (Entities that were witches before dying), and they may or may not receive any item. There's a rare chance they'll give you a death flower. Witches can also "contact the Spirits", and if they are willing to listen to your request they will have a small chat with your sim in which their social need will be slowly filled. Otherwise they will get angry!
- Loyal Witchy Cauldron:
A Cauldron to make interesting potions that will influence the lives of the sims who drink them!
Human Outcomes: The only selectable interaction is "Examine". If this option gets selected they will get near the cauldron and they will puke.
Witches and Warlocks Outcomes: They can Mix up to 5 Potions:
- Magically Spiced Sugar: Gives a negative buff which will influence their behavior. They will have a new (and autonomous) interaction called "I love you" which will make the targeted sim befriend by the sim.
- Enchanted Essence of Cur Tails: Gives a negative buff which will influence their behavior. It's the exact opposite of the previous potion. They will have a new (and again, autonomous) interaction called "I hate you" which will make the targeted sim become enemies with the sim.
- Elixir of Life: Will rejuvanate any sim who drinks it. Though two different effects will show up. If the sim is Young Adult and below, it will reset their age meter. If the sim is Adult or Elder, they will go back to their previous life stage.
- Bottled Ambrosia: Works just like an Ambrosia, but it will only resurrect ghosts.
- Love Potion 8.5: Gives sims the power to choose who are they gonna love by selecting the interaction "I choose you!".
When your sim is mixing up potions note that your energy will continuously deplete.
Witches and Warlocks abilities and characteristics
- Their "normal" conversations:
Witches love to talk about supernatural things, that's why they have more topics to talk about. They can: Talk about Crystal Balls;
Enthuse about Wands;
Joke about the Toadification spell;
Threaten to curse; (Mischievous joke, performed only for humans)
- Magic Spells and Magic Essence:
There is a new (and hidden, to make it compatible with other witch mods) motive called "Magic Meter" , so every time you cast a spell, it will not influence any need other that this. If you got low magic energy, your witch will have a dazed buff, but you can still perform spells. But if you got extremely low magic energy, you will not be able to cast spells unless you perform a "Recharging Meditation" under the "Spells" menu by clicking on your sim. You can also see how much energy any spell will require from now on.
Spells about needs (Can be performed on children)
Vesicae Satisfactio - Will make the victim's bladder need full.
Sanitatis Satisfactio - Will make the victim's hygiene need full.
Famis Satisfactio - Will make the victim's hunger need full.
Vesicae Execramentum - Will make the victim's bladder need empty.
Sanitatis Execramentum - Will make the victim's hygiene need empty.
Famis Execramentum - Will make the victim's hunger need critically low.
Spells about physical and mental condition
Ranae Metamorphosis (Can't be performed on children) - The victim will be turned into a toad. The curse is temporary, but you'll have to figure out when it ends, because it will not be specified on the buff's description. Cursed toad-sims will have 2 new interactions, "Ask for a kiss" and "Talk about flies". The kiss will always be rejected.
Solis Lavatio (Can be performed on children) - It will make sims feel more lucky. It will also cure the Toadification Curse and, if you have Seasons, they will be warmed up, so they can even swim during a blizzard because they won't be frozen.
Expello Mortis (Can be performed on children) - Will give the targeted sim a buff that will make protect them from death.
Flamma Ignis (Can be performed on children) - Will put the victim on fire.
Exflammo - Will extinguish another sim if they're on fire.
Habitus Patefactio (Can be performed on children) - Will make your witch know all of the traits of the victim.
Possideo Simus (Can't be performed on children, teens and sims in your household) - Will make the victim controllable for about 10 hours (or less, it depends on the situation). When the spell runs out, the victim's mind will collapse and will die on the spot. Since it's a very strong spell, you can't even use "Expello Mortis" on ensorcelled sims to save their lives, even though you can save them only if the grim reaper will decide to give them a second chance.
Spells about physical and mental condition
Magivestigium (Will be fixed in the next update) - Will teleport the witch to the desired point clicked.
Invoco Malum - The witch will conjure an apple, however there's a chance that the conjured apple is poisoned. If a sim eats a poisoned apple they won't sleep on the floor, but they gain a buff that will deplete continuously their energy, and it won't rise until the buff runs out.
Tempus Interruptus (NOT SUGGESTED IF THERE ARE MORE THAN 3 SIMS IN THE HOUSEHOLD OR IF YOUR GAME RUNS SLOW) - It will put in statis every sim on the neighborhood. Time will continue to flow, and your witches can be free from mortals for 12 hours (or less, depending on the situation). Witches, of course, will not be influenced by this spell.
Feles Mutatio (Might be replaced) - It will turn your sim into a cat (that might bug out sometimes...). They can perform 4 interactions:
- Sleep, where the cat will, obviously, lay down and sleep. While in this form, their energy rises so fast, that they will have finished in an hour!
- Travel to, where the cat will spawn a small portal that will allow them to teleport to the designed lot. if you cancel the travel your sim will not be visible autonomously. To make it appear again, you must perform any interaction.
- Lure sims into befriending you, where near sims will be lured by the cat's cute appearence. They will react to it, and when they do, your relationship with the sim will raise.
- Explore the nature, where sims will increment their fun need by going to a rabbithole location. As for now, consider this interaction usable but incomplete, because in the next update it will have more uses.
Also, when a witch turns into a cat, it will have the same eyes they had in their human form.
I thank Snaitf for his "Simvisible" outfit that has been tremendously helpful for the creation of this feature!
A New Quest
I will not spoil about the subject nor what will happen. Though I'll say that to start the quest you'll need to interact with this golden statue given by the pack. Just know that teens and below can't perform the quest!
Every completed goal gives 50 lifetime points and if the quest is finished you'll receive two new spells! (Three with the next update!)
Fixes and Updates
Before reading: If you think the modpack has any problem, before reporting anything, test with the modpack and the MCC ONLY!
[29/06/2019] New Spells and Cauldron Update
- Added some new spells to perform on other sims and on your own sim.
- Added a magic meter.
- Added a cauldron.
- Translated the spells in latin.
- The spells are not automatic anymore.
- Removed the "Witchy Beary" to keep the "11 items" limit.
[21/06/2019] Island Living Patch Fix + Minor Update
- You can now travel using your broom with the "Ride your broom to..." interaction. When you travel, the sim will disappear on the current lot, so if you cancel the travel it will not be visible autonomously. To make it appear again, you must perform any interaction.
- Revamped the Mystic's Table.
- When you pick up a broom, it will be shown in your sim's inventory. To interact with it, you still need to click on your sim.
- Fixed the Investigation's notifications. They will have clearer and more correct texts.
- Revamped the "Possessed Story Arc" of Morgana's Investigation, I won't tell anything, you will see the changes by yourself.
- Changed the effects to some Spells and the Mystic Table's outcomes.
- Revamped the "Elegant Mystic Hat".
[06/05/2019] Minor Update
- Increased chance to receive the death flower from the Spirits.
- Decreased the backlash effects on the "motives spells"
- Shortened a story arc because it was too long.
- Decreased the "Hunger Curse" effects, so sims won't always die from hunger.
[05/05/2019] Minor Update
- Tweaked some outcomes and vfx when casting "motives spells".
- You don't have to introduce yourself anymore in order to cast a spell (dark ones included)
- Fixed some typos.
- Improved a Dark spell's outcome.
Download and Instructions
To download the newest version of the Modpack CLICK HERE
After downloading extract the .zip file in your mods folder*. Delete the old version and replace it with the new version. Then open the game and make sure you've enabled Scripts Mod from the options!
If you encounter any problem with the modpack, boot up the game with it and the MCC only to see if any LE/error is coming from it.
* In the .zip file there's a folder called "If you don't have vampires PUT THIS!", that means that if you do have it, you can remove it from your mods folder.
Old Versions Archive
[21/06/2019] Fixed Version of the Modpack: CLICK HERE
- The render used in the trailer and in the boxart have been made by IllogicalSimmer.
- The toad head for the "Toadification Spell" has been converted by MermanSimmer.
- Snaitf for his "Simvisible" outfit.